Wednesday, June 2, 2010

2 Random 2 Title.

As I was saying, I love it when God and Jeremy hash things out together. Last night after we shared some depression together, and he went out to hang out, he came home with this:

- Hebrews 13:5 - "Don't love money. Be satisfied with what you have. For God says I will never leave you. I will never abandon you." Jeremys thoughts: The Lord never fails me. Never abandons me. I AM STILL ALIVE!

- John 5:13 - "... be honest in your evaluation of yourself. Measure yourself by the faith God has given us." Jeremy: I am capable of doing WHATEVER the Lord calls me to do.

- 1 Peter 3:1 - "You wives must accept the authority of your husbands..." Jeremy: "You must submit to me, honey." :)

I get that. I know in my heart what I want (or think I want) so badly for God to reveal to Jeremy regarding our decision ahead of us. BUT I know that if Jeremy decides against it, I must accept his authority... with grace and humility... and NO manipulation, like us women are SO good at doing to our men. We tend to "act" like we're going to submit but we play this evil manipulative mind game (and often don't even realize we are doing it) that eventually gets them to do what we wanted in the first place. And sadly, they walk away not even knowing what hit them, but feeling crappy and having no idea why.

He also came home with:
- If I want change I make it now. I don't wait. Start somewhere. Start here. Start now.
- Be salt. Anything salty makes you want more.
- Be light.

Our Pastor one time preached an incredible sermon called "Holy Huddles." He basically said that we Christians spend WAY to much time in our Holy Huddles and forget to get out and "play the game." The game? Reaching the lost for Christ. The Huddle? Our Christian family. God calls us to be a light to the world. How can we do that if we never spend time in the dark?

This blog is so random. Today we had to fire two employees... leaving Jeremy with, well.. himself. He has two huge construction jobs ahead of him. If he could quit today, he would. But it's the only thing providing right now. So he's pressing on. He got home at 5, ate, said hello to the kids and me, and then left again to go finish a wash (not sure if I mentioned, but we actually own two businesses now- construction and power washing.). He left overwhelmed, stressed and confused. I told him to drive the 40 minute drive with his cell phone powered down and do two things:
#1. Praise and thank God.
#2. Just pray.

I better get off this thing and see if God has anything to say to me as well. I've never written such a random blog with no direction in my entire life. I'm sure my writing is incredibly confusing. Oh well. Maybe one of you out there in blogworld was touched by the Spirit in some way. I may never know.

P.S. For all you insecure women out there (which includes me), here is a word from Beth Moore:
Insecurity is not believing God and is prideful. Because in the end, all though you are thinking too low of yourself, you are still thinking too much of...... self.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to drop a quick note, you've mentioned in not so many words that you feel you don't have any readers, or few - you probably have more than you know, including me ;o). We've met in real life, kind of, but I doubt you'd remember me, and I'm choosing to remain anonymous just because of privacy issues with my own blog. But don't stop blogging, whatever you do - even when it's random it's good to get things off your chest - trust me, my own blogs are extremely random! Keep your chin up, and also know that being "bitchy" now & then is normal - I have more kids than you and I get very overwhelmed very easily and I get, in turn, very bitchy too often - blogging is a good way to get it out!

    ReplyDelete