Thursday, February 9, 2012

More!


This is a continuation of my previous two blogs....

I just continue to be blown away. Last night Jer and I received another $200.00 from someone who said God laid it on their hearts to give. They didn't know why, they just obeyed.  I asked her, "Did you read my blog?"  Nope. But she went home and did after that!

As we lay in bed and tried to piece this all together, we discussed the specific amount that we needed. Our mouths dropped when we realized God didn't just supply our needs.....He doubled it.

But there is something interesting here. These last several weeks, I've done something a little different than I have in the past.  Normally, I pray for a need to be met. God always meets it (but in His time). But then when it is, I stop. I say thank you, and I don't ask for more.

But this time, I haven't stopped. I've continued to pray each and every day for more and more and more of an outpouring.  And everytime I did, I would pray Psalm 139.."Test me God and know my heart! Search me and know my anxious thoughts! Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life!"

I knew that I had to make sure my prayer was not selfish. You know, the silent thought of: God, can I get more money so that I can get my nails done? I used to get my nails done, when I was dating. Then once we got married and had kids, reality hit. I've always thought to myself, When people see me getting my nails done again, that's when they can know we're sitting pretty good!

Our hearts desires is to further God's kingdom. We feel called to full-time ministry someday. But financially, that's scary and humbling! It would mean our financial support would be dependent on others (well, still God of course, but you know what I mean). Do you know how hard of a thought that is? Especially for a man?! But I'm wondering.... are we in training for this? I think so. I definitely think so.
 
So, with that thought...God's got an entire ocean of water to quench the thrist of hungry souls! Therefore, I'm not going to stop asking for more!! I'm not going to stop at just a teaspoon when their are unlimited buckets overflowing!
 
February has absolutely been our month of outpouring. How ironic, the month of love. God's love. And although we still don't know what March will hold (God is God and will do what He wants)... we definately know who's holding March!!
 
Ephesians 3:20
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than we could ever ask or imagine,
according to his power that is at work within us. To Him be the glory forever in the church and in Jesus and throughout all generations forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment