Thursday, January 1, 2009

Princess.

Determined, persistant and demanding. Strong-willed and stubborn. Polite, nurturing, independent, caring, helpful, giving and hilarious. Shy, smart and confident. Creative. Careful.

These words describe a little girl who knows exactly who she is. She is important and she is loved. She can hit, she can wet the bed and she can say "NO!". She can fight, make messes, mistakes and down right disobey. She can do whatever she wants and knows it doesn't matter.. she will always be loved. Why? Because she is a princess... the daughter of the king.

Her king showers her with kisses, hugs and "I love you's"'s. Her king protects her, plays with her and keeps her safe. Her king is big, burly and strong and no one in the world is tougher than him. He wrestles and tickles and makes her chocolate milk. Her king is cool. Her king is her daddy.I remember this past summer she had a friend over. They were on the pourch eating popscicles. I decided to listen in on conversation, curious to what a two and four year old would talk about.

The little Hawaiian girl said "My boyfriend is tall with brown hair and is this big!" She raised her arms in the air. Kasiah looked at her rather unimpressed, raised her arms even higher and said, "Well my daddy is THIS big!" I smiled. Her daddy truly was her king. The most important man in her life. I prayed it would stay that way for a very long time. And because her daddy is the king, well...that makes her a princess of course. Yes, she's a princess with boundaries that consists of love spanks and time-outs. But she knows it's because we love her. No wonder she lives life with wings - joyful, carefree and confident.

I hope to one day find the Princess in me. Afterall, isn't my father called the "King of Kings"?


No comments:

Post a Comment