It's 11:00 and instead of sleeping I'm eating chips and salsa. It's been a long time since I've been on this thing. And now that I am, I have no clue where to start.
In just 8 weeks we went from gearing up to head to Kona, HI and a mission field for 6 months to suddenly being pregnant and unable to go, me quitting my job, my husband starting his own business and us moving into a new home. Needless to stay, nothing...and I mean NOTHING in our lives feel stable (other than Christ himself).
In the mess of the transition of finding new insurance, health care and dealing with tax and liscensing headaches, I've also been consumed with packing, unpacking, wiping running noses, kissing scraped up knees, sending bills and typing up bids. And of course everything is on deadline. The past several weeks has been 100% survival mode - at times even completely forgetting that I'm pregnant. And doing all of this as a single mom who sees her hottie on the weekends, makes her extremely grateful and admirable of the women out there who's husbands are never home due to work travel, the army, etc.
In my mind I could come up with 1,000 things to worry and complain about. But today (and tomorrow may be different) I have never felt so honored and blessed. God has made it completely clear that His blessing is upon us, that we are in His perfect will, and not one day... not ONE day will pass when He doesn't provide.
For example, we have a home.. maybe not for long. It could sell any week, but we have a home. A beautiful large home from a friend for free. Yes, free. God's blessing. God's favor.
We have health. And more than likely me and the children are going to qualify for free health care. God's blessing. God's favor.
We have family. An awesome incredible, 100% dynamite rock'n family of Christian parents and brothers and sisters who would literally die for us needed. God's blessing. God's favor.
We have been receiving random acts of kindness: A 50.00 bill from a past fellow employee of mine, a free tool bench set for my children, a free new grill, a free shopping spree for my children.....God's blessing, God's favor.
I have learned that if you are utterly and completely dependent on God and seeking His will, He will at times call you into storms (for us, more than one, and sometimes the same ones twice). But when He does, He will bless you with random blessings all over the stinking place.
All of these blessings said to me today "My little girl, I know you didn't expect this and didn't want this. I know you are seeking my will and my heart. I know you are very confused. But remember, I love you more than you love your own children and I will never call you into a storm without walking you to the calm."
A friend of mine today forwarded me the following cartoon. The man is praying for God's protection and as he walks away he gets completely bolted by a rock...
And Jesus said, "sorry, did I miss one?"Perfect. Just perfect. May I stop dwelling on the rocks striking me and start thinking about the boulders that He's blocked from me.
And with that, may I close with a very much needed family weekend getaway of camping this past weekend....
(but first, Dyson preparing for the season):



absolutely beautiful...thanks for the devotional post. You blessed me today with your pictures and words. God is good. All the time.
ReplyDelete